Our School App Stay connected on the go...
Uniform and equipment
We have two uniform suppliers, both of whom will be able to advise as to appropriate school attire for Valley Park.
At the time of producing this page, both companies are able to supply via mail-order, but keep an eye on their websites for updates as social distancing regulations change. In cases of any dispute regarding the suitability of uniform, the Headteacher’s decision is final.
Please ensure that all items of uniform, equipment and PE Kit are clearly and securely labelled with your child’s name. When mislaid items are found in school, they are always checked for students’ names, and returned to the rightful owner when they can be identified. Unnamed items are displayed as lost property at the end of each term, and students who have lost items are able to check our stocks of lost property at break times.
Key Uniform Items
- Valley Park green blazer
- Valley Park school skirt - to be worn with plain black tights
- Valley Park school trousers - to be worn with plain black socks
- Valley Park clip-on school tie
- Valley Park black V neck school jumper (optional)
- Plain white school shirt (incorporating a top button)
- Low-heeled black traditional school shoes with no adornments. (Trainers, trainer-style, ballet and pump-style shoes are not permitted, as our site is large and the typical school day involves quite a lot of walking!)
- Belts must be black, narrow and of a traditional style
- Coats should be of a dark colour (e.g. dark green, black, dark grey or navy)
Our students represent our school community whilst wearing their uniform, from the time they leave home in the morning, to the point when they arrive back home in the evening. What does it mean, therefore, to wear our Valley Park uniform with pride?
- Top button fastened at all times.
- Shirt tucked in at all times.
- No jewellery except one small plain stud in the lobe of each ear. (No other piercings are allowed.)
- Blazers to be worn at all times unless a teacher allows removal in the classroom.
- Avoiding over-filling blazer pockets.
- A smart business-environment appropriate hair style. Hair must not be worn as a fashion statement. Cropped or shaved or “tram-line” styles are not acceptable.
- Make up is not allowed unless it is discreet.
- As with the rule for make-up, only natural and very discreet colour nail polish is permitted and false nails are not allowed.
Valley Park School PE Kit
- Valley Park shorts or skort
- Valley Park polo shirt
- Plain black football socks
- White sport socks
- Football boots
- Shin Pads
- Gum shield
- Dark-coloured, sealable, PE bag to contain all kit including trainers (e.g. drawstring)
- Optional extras are the Valley Park track bottoms/Valley Park leggings and Valley Park track top.
PE Kit Policy
- Students must bring full Valley Park PE Kit to all lessons.
- If students fail to bring Valley Park PE kit to lessons, they will be required to wear spare kit from the PE department. If they refuse to wear this, they will receive a 30 minute detention, which will be written in their planner. If the student refuses to wear kit on a second occasion, they will be required to attend a one-hour detention. If the problem persists, parents/carers will be notified by letter and, if necessary, they will be asked to attend a meeting with the Head of PE.
- If a student is injured or unable to participate due to illness, they must still bring full Valley Park PE kit to the lesson with a signed note from their parent/carer requesting to be excused from the lesson.
- Students must also attend extra-curricular PE sports clubs in full Valley Park PE kit.
- Please note metal studs of any kind will not be permitted.
School Bags and Scarves
An appropriate, dark-coloured, waterproof and sealable bag should be purchased for the protection of all school items. Since students carry items of a reasonable weight in the bag, drawstring bags, fashion bags, carrier bags and handbags are not appropriate. Our preferred style of bag is a satchel or a rucksack. Logos must not be prominent. As a guide, your child’s school bag should be large enough to contain an A4 ring-binder fully and students who transport Art work to and from school should ensure that they have a carry-portfolio (your child’s Art teacher will be able to advise).
During the colder months, if your child chooses to wear a scarf to and from school, it should be appropriate for school. Coats and scarves should not be worn inside our school buildings.
Your child will be provided with writing paper, exercise books, text books and other materials that are needed for lessons. In addition, they should equip themselves with a pencil case containing:
- Pens, pencils and colouring pencils
- Pencil Sharpener
- Mathematical equipment (pair of compasses, protractor)
- Scientific Calculator
- iPad, iPad Charger (see E-Learning Scheme)
- Earphones for use with the iPad