Our School App Stay connected on the go...
GCSE Results 2019
Students at Valley Park School have achieved record results in English and Mathematics this summer, with two thirds of students attaining at least a grade 4 in both subjects.
Overall, 11 passes were achieved at grade 9, the highest possible grade under the new grading criteria. Students who attained at least one qualification at this exceptionally high level were:
Megan Field (4), Ellie Davenport (2), Anna Wicks (2), Molly Harmon, Khan Mehmet and Jessica Smith.
Notable achievements were:
- Megan Field (Distinction, 4 grade 9s, 3 grade 8s, a grade 7 and a grade 6)
- Anna Wicks (2 grade 9s, 4 grade 8s, 2 grade 7s, a grade 6 and a grade 5)
- Ellie Davenport (Distinction, 2 grade 9s, 2 grade 8s, 4 grade 7s and a grade 5)
- Jessica Tillett (Distinction*, 2 grade 8s, 2 grade 7s, 3 grade 6s, 2 grade 5s and a grade 4)
- Ellis O’Cock (4 grade 7s, 3 grade 6s, 3 grade 5s and a grade 4)
- Jess Smith (Distinction*, a grade 9, 2 grade 7s, 3 grade 6s, a grade 5 and a grade 4)
- Aaron Wood (Distinction*, 2 grade 8s, 2 grade 7s, 2 grade 6s, 2 grade 5s and a grade 4)
- Jo Ross-Gower (a grade 7, 5 grade 6s and 5 grade 5s)
- Bibi Baptiste (2 grade 8s, a grade 7, 3 grade 6s, 2 grade 5s and 3 grade 4s)
- Pella Argiriov (3 grade 8s, a grade 7, 2 grade 6s, 2 grade 5s and 2 grade 4s)
- Holly Doyle (Distinction*, a grade 8, 2 grade 7s, 3 grade 6s and 3 grade 5s)
- Molly Harmon (a grade 9, 2 grade 8s, a grade 7, a grade 6, a grade 5 and 4 grade 4s)
- Ella Hazelwood (2 grade 8s, a grade 7, a grade 6 and 6 grade 5s)
- Charlotte Tristam (a grade 8, 3 grade 7s, 3 grade 6s and 6 grade 5s).
Headteacher Margaret Hutchinson paid tribute to the hard work that led to this outstanding achievement:
Our students and their teachers are rightly very proud of their results today – so much effort has gone into ensuring that students are prepared for every eventuality of the new curriculum at Key Stage 4. We congratulate our students on their successes today and wish them every success in the future.
A Level Results 2019
Valley Park School, its students and their parents are in celebratory mood, having received 87% of grades at grade C and above - a record 47% being the very top grades. Three quarters of vocational results were at Distinction or Distinction* and 83% of students are already in a position to take up their place at university.
Against the national backdrop of more challenging vocational and A Level qualifications there have been notable successes for individual students. High attainers were:
- Maria Simonova (A*A*A)
- Kingsley Kingdon (AAA)
- Akua Oppey (AAA)
- Elizabeth Clack (A*AB)
- Jonathan Beale (AAB)
- Adam Tweedie (AAB).
In vocational subjects, students with significant successes were:
- Abbie Plaw (A*ACC, Distinction*)
- Ashleigh Smith (Distinction*, Distinction*, Distinction*, C)
- Lizzie Wesbroom (Distinction*, Distinction*, Distinction*, C)
- Tommy Collins (Distinction*, Distinction, Distinction, Distinction)
- Katie Beck (A*, Distinction*, Distinction)
- Georgia Wallace (Distinction*, Distinction, A)
- Luke Hallford (Distinction*, Distinction, Distinction)
- Nathaniel Ashwood (Distinction*, Distinction, Distinction, B)
- Alfie Crickmore (Distinction*, Distinction, Distinction).
Headteacher Margaret Hutchinson paid tribute to the hard work of students and teachers that led to the these outstanding achievements:
At a time when A Level and vocational qualifications have become much more challenging nationally, it is a credit to the diligence of our students that they have achieved such success. It is always a pleasure to share results day with our young people and we wish them every success and happiness in the next stage of their lives.