Our School App Stay connected on the go...
Post 16 - Destinations (2020)
At Valley Park School, we work closely with our Year 11 cohort, encouraging and supporting them to make both personal and aspirational post-16 decisions and applications, that are based on their own unique career pathway ideas and goals. Subsequently, our Year 11 leavers go on to pursue a variety of academic and vocational routes.
We work closely with The Education People (part of KCC), leavers and their parents/carers directly, to continue to support any individual who may still be securing a destination beyond the end of Year 11. We are also keen for those who leave us to become part of our Alumni Network, staying in touch with us, so we can share and celebrate their successes and inspire our current students.
Our most recent destination data for Year 11 leavers in 2020 (correct as of January 2021), shows a very similar three-year trend when compared to historic data, and is summarised as follows:
- 52% of Year 11 students chose to remain at Valley Park School in Sixth Form
- 28% pursued vocational courses at FE colleges
- 6% of the cohort secured an apprenticeship (an increase of 2% from 2019), in a range of roles including electrical and mechanical engineering, childcare, hairdressing and business
- 8% chose to attend an alternative sixth form
- 1.5 % have pursued careers in the armed forces
- 2% of the cohort are engaged with the world of work (with training)
- 2.5% are at an alternative provider or under the support of The Education People (KCC)